The term "Safeguarding" refers to our duty to keep all children emotionally and physically safe from all harm. We take our safeguarding duty very seriously and it underpins everything we do. We have the following measures in place.
- Every member of staff has an enhance DBS, (Disclosure and Barring Service), check carried out.
- Every governor appointed has an enhanced DBS check carried out.
- Every volunteer who regularly works in school has a DBS carried out.
- Our Child Protection Policy is reviewed at least annually to ensure that policy and practice is up to date.
- All staff undertake child protection training, annually at the very minimum, and receive regular updates.
- We have a DSL, (Designated Safeguarding Lead), the Headteacher, and DDSL, (Deputy), DHT, who receive regular training and are sources of support and advice for staff when they raise a concern or report a safeguarding incident. All staff are aware of who the DSL and DDSL are in our school.
- We have 2 DSGs, (Designated Safeguarding Governors).