Playtimes have changed!
Since last summer, OPAL (Outdoor Play And Learning) has been helping Allendale Primary School to transform our playtimes.
With the help of staff, children, parents, governors and the local community, we have introduced a range of play time activities which have made playtimes more exciting, social and creative,
We still have lots of ideas of activities and areas of our grounds that we'd like to develop.
The children have a playtime suggestion box in school but if you have any suggestions or offers of time, help or materials, please let us know.
Why not take a look at the OPAL website and see for yourself how playtimes can be transformed?
Watch this space for the ongoing developments to our playtimes.
Over the last few months, playtimes have certainly changed! The children love the changes.
- We play in different areas of the grounds.
- We have trowels, spades, forks and brushes used in the digging area.
- We play in the garden.
- We can ride our scooters and bikes on the playgrounds and have bought new scooter and cycle storage.
- We have tyre swings.
- We have a den building area,
- We have a geodome.
- We have a tyre building area.
- We have a tyre rolling area.
- We have an amazing sand pit.
- We have a fantastic wellie store so playtimes take place whatever the weather!
- We have some new equipment to play with.
There are other developments planned - music area, mud kitchen, small world area are all in the planning stage. We also need a very big shed to keep all our new materials in!